This is our version of a time honoured classic, Mitford is such a popular style, crossing the style boundaries and looking good in almost every situation, depending on your fabric choice. The bandaged arm caps are hand pleated and give it a lovely hand made look ( which it is). We've made the cushions without piping to give it a more relaxed look and softened the whole thing up.
The Techy Bit
- Frame – solid hardwood frame, glued, screwed and dowelled
- Fillings – fibre/feather seats cushions
- Feather back cushions
- Scatters – feather
- Springs – hand tied Serpentine seat springs, super loop back
- Feet – oak feet – antique oak oil
- Finish – plain sewn
Tips from the Head Huutter
- This looks fabulous in so many of our fabrics, but the bright velvets are superb on this model.
- Pair it up with Evelyn, its twin sister with a buttoned back to give an eclectic mix.
- Two free scatter cushion complete the look – nice one!
- Order extra scatters in a contrasting colour or texture to really cosy up this sofa.